One of the standout features that makes fall special is the colors: reds, oranges, and yellows pop in nature and in many decorations during the season. Now you can bring a burst of autumn to the dinner table with this butternut squash recipe—made with cranberries and honey, it’s a delightful dish that tastes as good as it looks!
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped into cubes
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup finely crumbled feta
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spritz a baking sheet with olive oil, add the butternut squash along with another drizzle of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place in the oven on the center rack, and roast for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the cranberries, and mix to combine.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit.
- Remove from oven, and transfer the squash mixture to a large bowl. Add the honey and feta, plus a touch of cinnamon, based on taste, and mix well. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with the parsley.
Adding festively-colored food to the dinner table is just one way to enhance the sights, smells, and tastes of the season. To get more ideas for making the holidays brighter, more fragrant, and tastier, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.