Vegetarians will love this healthy dupe for BBQ chicken wings. Replace the chicken with cauliflower and your guests won’t even know the difference!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the flour and cauliflower, and toss until cauliflower is coated.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and cauliflower, and toss until cauliflower is coated.
- In a small bowl, add in breadcrumbs, and in another bowl whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons water.
- Dip the cauliflower in the egg mixture, and then in the breadcrumbs until fully coated. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake the cauliflower until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic. Coat the baked cauliflower nuggets in the sauce, and serve.
For more game day recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/choosingsides.