Nowadays, burlap is all the craze. With its versatility, this fabric makes for the perfect pot addition. You can even take it one step further and add your own style—a colorful bow, tied ribbon, or even lace. This year, your mom is sure to love this rustic-charm-inspired potted plant!
- 8-inch piece of burlap
- 4-inch terra-cotta clay pot
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric ribbon, if desired
- Lace, if desired
- Flower or plant of your choice
- Cut the desired amount of burlap to wrap around the diameter of the clay pot. Pull the burlap tightly.
- Place a line of glue on one of the ends of the burlap to secure the piece together.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around to create a bow, or glue the lace on top of the burlap, if desired.
- Place either your flower or plant in the pot.
- Give to your mother!
For more creative ways to celebrate Mother’s Day, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/blog.