This whiskey-infused applesauce might be the origin of the phrase lay off the sauce, but that’s one thing you won’t be able to do after one bite.
Serves about 4
- 5–6 pounds cooking apples, cubed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brandy or bourbon whiskey
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker, and set to cook low for three hours.
- After three hours, remove the lid and smash or blend until the applesauce reaches your desired consistency
- Allow to cool before serving.
Note: can be stored in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator for no more than one week.
For more delicious fall recipe tips and tricks, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.