There are two things that you’ll find at any Oktoberfest celebration—beer and cheese. And what could be better than combining the two into a deliciously creamy, heartwarming soup?
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, fry the bacon until crispy. When fully cooked, remove the bacon and leave the grease.
- Add in the onion, garlic, and carrot, and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the flour and stir constantly, until just brown. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream.
- Once combined, add the beer and mustard, and stir until the bubbles die down slightly.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add in the bacon, cheese, and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until thoroughly combined, and serve immediately.
For more celebratory Oktoberfest eats, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/blog.