Mashed potatoes, in any other context, would stand out for the wrong reasons. But rolled in batter and fried up, they make the perfect finger food. Forget french fries and serve these at your upcoming event!
Ingredients: For the mashed potatoes
Ingredients: For the breading
- In a large saucepan, add potatoes and salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook potatoes until tender. Remove from heat, and drain water.
- In a separate saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, butter, and garlic, and cook until simmering. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric beater or potato masher, slowly blend the potatoes with the garlic-cream mixture until the potatoes are mashed and smooth. Fold in Cheddar cheese, and stir to combine. Refrigerate mashed potatoes for 1 hour to cool.
- Prep your work station for frying: Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, and spread bread crumbs on a plate. In a shallow frying pan, heat oil to 375°F.
- Using a spoon, form the cooled mashed potatoes into 1-inch balls. Dip each ball into the eggs, and then roll onto bread crumbs until completely covered. Fry the potato balls (a few at a time) for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway through so that the crust turns golden brown on both sides. Serve warm.
Download Tent Cards
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Jan 20, 2018
5 of the Best Winter Weekend Getaways
| Dec 14, 2017
Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Butternut Squash & Cauliflower
| Jan 6, 2018
The Top 5 Ways to Effectively Stage Your Home in Winter
| Dec 16, 2017
Decadent Red Wine Hot Chocolate
| Nov 30, 2017