Delicious cinnamon and caramel scratch cupcakes—decadent, moist and perfect for any party. Imagine, the flavor of churros with a rich creamy dulce de leche frosting. Mmm mmm mmm!
Makes 1 dozen cupcakes
Ingredients: For the cupcakes
Ingredients: For the frosting
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add dry ingredients to the mixer slowly, until blended.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla, increase the mixer speed slightly and beat until batter is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake cups. Fill cups 3/4 of the way full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked completely. Check doneness with a toothpick, insert the toothpick into the center of the cupcake and remove. If the toothpick is clean the cupcakes are done. Let cool for 30 minutes before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment combine butter, dulce de leche, vanilla, powdered sugar and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag (pastry tip of your liking) and pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish with churro before serving.
Tip: You can substitute vanilla box cake batter to save time, just add in 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. You can usually find frozen churros at your grocery store, or freshly made churros from most donut shops.
For more delightful dessert recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.