These fun cupcakes are more than delicious—they look just like watermelons, too! The vibrant colors and fun decorations lend a festive twist to any watermelon-themed party, or make for a wonderful treat anytime of year.
- Preheat oven according to instructions for cake mix
- Prepare cake batter, according to directions on box.
- Slowly add pink food coloring, until watermelon-like color is achieved.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full, bake according to directions on box. While cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting.
- Whip butter and vanilla together, until fluffy and light, and slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Add in the green food coloring, a drop at the time, until you reach the desired color.
- Gradually add heavy cream, until you reach the desired consistency.
You may also like:
| Nov 9, 2017
The Heart of Music in the Heart of Fremont
| Aug 12, 2017
15 Minute Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
| Feb 18, 2017
Stress Less with 3 Tidy Tricks to Declutter Your Dresser Top
| Sep 8, 2016
A Hearty Harvest Breakfast Recipe
| Apr 30, 2017
Spice Up Summer Classics
| Oct 8, 2015