Nothing says December like a weekend spent listening to holiday music and baking treats! Add sugar cookies to the line-up, and follow these decorating tips that will impress any guest at your festive soirée.
One dessert that there’s always room for during the holiday season are sugar cookies. Simple to make and sweeter to eat, this recipe is perfect for any festive function.Read Article
- Prepare your piping bags with the couplers. Cut off a small tip of the bag, and remove the ring from the base of the coupler. Put the coupler base inside of the bag, and attach the desired tip size (2, 3, or 4) to the outside of the bag. Secure with the ring to lock the bag in place, and repeat with the remaining couplers and bags.
To make icing:
- Make the icing by beating all ingredients in stand mixer on low speed for about 5 minutes.
- If using white, place some of the plain icing into one of the piping bags, and secure with a rubber band to maintain the consistency.
- Take another small amount of white icing, dilute it slightly with small amounts of water until it flows easily, and place into squeeze bottles. (Tip: Make sure to keep icing covered with a damp cloth or paper towel to avoid crusting throughout the decorating process.)
- For colored icing, separate the remaining white icing into different bowls, and add gel food coloring. Add water in 1/2 teaspoon increments until thin enough to spread easily.
- Add the thinner, colored icing into squeeze bottles.
- Make sure the cookies are cooled before you begin decorating, and then start outlining your cookies with chosen color from the piping bag.
- Next, take the thinned icing from the squeeze bottles and squeeze into the inside of the cookie. Using a toothpick, spread around to make icing even. Allow the first layer to dry a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once dry, add any additional designs on top of the first layer, using the same technique, or drawing on with the piping bag. Allow all new layers to harden overnight. (Tip: Always keep the piping bags covered when not in use.)
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Mar 23, 2018
Wine and Food: The Perfect Union
| Mar 2, 2018