Sure, everyone from your Aunt Sue to the bakery down the street makes peanut butter eggs for Easter—you can get them almost anywhere. But why go out and buy them when it’s so much fun to make your own?
Ingredients: For the eggs
Ingredients: For the buttercream frosting
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, add the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and one cup of the powdered sugar. Turn the heat to medium, and stir until everything is fully melted and combined. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the rest of the powdered sugar slowly, stirring each time. Cover the mixture, and place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and shape into flat ovals (egg shapes). Place each egg on the baking sheet, and freeze until hard.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Roll each egg through the chocolate to completely coat, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Place back in the freezer to set.
- Prepare the buttercream for decorating by beating all ingredients together in a bowl until fluffy. Separate the frosting into different bowls, and use a few drops of food coloring to create your desired colors.
- Place each color frosting into separate piping bags (or a plastic bag with a tip removed), and decorate the eggs to your liking.
Want to know how to turn your peanut butter eggs into bunnies? Check out this recipe!
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Dec 14, 2017
Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Butternut Squash & Cauliflower
| Mar 2, 2018