Put a spin on your standard gingerbread cookies with these tea bag shaped versions that make that cup of tea all the more enticing on a cold December night (or morning, we won’t judge).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Whisk the flour, salt, and spices together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until just mixed.
- Add the egg, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the molasses, vanilla, and lemon zest (if using) and mix until combined. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until the dough forms.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4″ thickness, and cut the cookies into a rectangle, cutting the corners to give the cookie a tea bag shape. Poke a small hole in the top of each cookie for the baking thread later. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 8-9 minutes.
- Once cooled, string a baking thread through the hole at the top of the cookie, and attach to the printable tea bag.