Don’t settle for an ordinary cake roll this holiday season. This pecan roll is made with a delicious spice cake and is full of sweet caramel cream, for a festive dessert you can bring to any celebration!
Ingredients: For the cake
Ingredients: For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and then line a greased jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs for about 3 minutes, then gradually add in the sugar. Beat on high for another 2 minutes until the mixture becomes thick, then stir in 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients, and gently fold in the eggs and almond extract.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and spread it out evenly. Bake for 13–15 minutes, until the cake springs back when gently pressed. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan, and place on a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently roll up the cake, and let it cool completely in a roll.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the filling by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add in the pecans, and cook until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow the pecans to cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and ½ cup of butter together at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add in the sugar, and beat until the mixture becomes fluffy. Stir in the pecans and vanilla.
- When the cake roll is cool, gently unroll, and spread on the filling in an even layer. Roll it back up, and chill for at least an hour before serving.
You may also like:
| Jan 18, 2018
Canine Organizing Shelf
| Dec 26, 2017
New Year, New DIY Projects
| Nov 28, 2017
Midnight in Paris Onion Soup Gratiné
| Dec 16, 2017
Decadent Red Wine Hot Chocolate
| Dec 14, 2017