The perfect pairing with your glass of champagne, these light macarons have just a touch of that wonderful champagne fizz.
Ingredients: For the macaron shell
Ingredients: For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift in almond flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites on high until soft peaks are formed. Lower the speed to medium, and add sugar. Continue to beat on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Keep the mixer on high speed, and add in the desired amount of food coloring. Once mixed, remove the bowl from the mixer and add in the flour and powdered sugar mixture. Using a rubber spatula, aggressively fold in the dry ingredients until the batter becomes a little runnier.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag, and pipe out 1½” circles onto the prepared baking sheet. Firmly tap the bottom of the tray so the batter can flatten out.
- Let the macarons rest for 30-45 minutes before baking, or until they form a skin. Then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set. Let cool before removing from the tray.
- For the filling, mix all of the ingredients together, and place in a piping bag.
- Pipe a small amount of the filling onto one-half of your macaron and sandwich your halves together.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| May 19, 2018
Keep Your Electric Bill in Check This Summer
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 23, 2018