Rosemary lemon curd hand pies are the perfect single serving spring dessert—beautiful and delicious!
Makes 8 pies
Ingredients: For the lemon curd
Ingredients: For the crust
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, zest, sugar, and egg yolks until smooth. Pour mixture into a medium sized sauce pot over medium heat, whisking frequently. Add butter 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking frequently, until smooth and thick. Let cool, and refrigerate until ready to assemble the pies.
- Using an electric mixer with the dough hook attachment, mix together flour, almond flour, rosemary, butter, salt, and sugar until crumbly (it is OK if you have different sized crumbles, the butter makes the pie crust flaky).
- Pour in ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until dough holds together (slightly crumbly, not sticky or wet). Wrap pie dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove pie dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured work surface. Cut the dough into quarters, and roll out 1 portion at a time, to about ⅛-inch thick. Using a large round cookie cutter (or soup bowl) cut out circles.
- Fill the middle of each circle evenly with lemon curd. Lightly brush the edges with egg-wash, and fold the pie in half (creating a half moon). Crimp the edges with a fork, brush the entire pie with egg-wash, and sprinkle with sugar. Repeat for the remaining pies.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange pies on a parchment lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until pies are golden brown. Let rest for 30 minutes before serving.
Tip: You can also use ready-made store bought pie dough, just sprinkle dough with chopped rosemary while rolling. Freeze any extra uncooked pies for future treats—they will typically keep for a couple of months.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 23, 2018
Wine and Food: The Perfect Union
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Jan 25, 2018