Strawberries are so delicious in summer, it’s imperative to use them in your cooking for as long as you can. This cool and creamy pie is full of fresh strawberry flavor, combined with salty, crunchy pretzels for a contrast of flavor and texture in every bite!
Ingredients: For the crust
Ingredients: For the filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients; firmly press on the bottom, up the side, and onto the lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake 10–12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Beat condensed milk, cream cheese, and gelatin at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add strawberry puree, and beat at low speed just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat ¾ cup whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form; gently fold into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover, and freeze 8–12 hours, or until firm.
- Beat remaining 1¼ cups whipping cream at high speed until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over pie.
- Freeze 1 hour, or until whipped cream is firm. Serve chilled.
Reprinted from Picnics, Potlucks, & Porch Parties: Recipes, Menus, & Ideas for Every Occasion. Copyright © 2016, Aimee Broussard.
You may also like:
| Nov 9, 2017
The Heart of Music in the Heart of Fremont
| Aug 12, 2017
15 Minute Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
| Feb 18, 2017
Stress Less with 3 Tidy Tricks to Declutter Your Dresser Top
| Sep 8, 2016
A Hearty Harvest Breakfast Recipe
| Apr 30, 2017
Spice Up Summer Classics
| Oct 8, 2015