It’s the delicious dessert with the funny name! Whoopie pies are a beloved treat all over the country, and when you switch up the flavor with pumpkin spice and cream cheese filling, they make for an indulgent taste of fall.
Ingredients: For the cakes
Ingredients: For the filling
Ingredients: For topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, and salt into a bowl. Add in the sugar and brown sugar, and mix with a fork, removing any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and water. Add half of the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and beat on low speed with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the rest of the dry mixture, and continue to beat until a somewhat stiff dough forms. Refrigerate for 15–20 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to spoon the dough onto the baking sheets, with about 2 inches in between. Bake for 8–12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cakes are slightly brown and the tops are springy. Allow to cool on a wire rack before filling.
- While the cakes are cooling, melt the white chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring until smooth. When each cake is filled, dip one half into the melted white chocolate, and sprinkle on some of the candied pecans.
For more delicious fall treats, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018
Keep Your Electric Bill in Check This Summer
| May 23, 2018