It’s OK to make breakfast an indulgence once in a while, especially on Mother’s Day. And for a dish that feels a bit like a dessert, opt for this decadent French toast.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the eggs, milk, half-and-half, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, and then cut the brioche loaf into even slices. Gently dip each slice into the mixture to coat on both sides, and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, melt the brown sugar and butter, and thoroughly coat both sides of each slice of bread. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the bread forms a slight crust.
- Dust with powdered sugar, and top with sliced fruit, if desired.
You may also like:
| Nov 9, 2017
The Heart of Music in the Heart of Fremont
| Aug 12, 2017
15 Minute Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
| Feb 18, 2017
Stress Less with 3 Tidy Tricks to Declutter Your Dresser Top
| Sep 8, 2016
A Hearty Harvest Breakfast Recipe
| Apr 30, 2017
Spice Up Summer Classics
| Oct 8, 2015