Fresh citrus and creamy ricotta are the perfect combo for this easy, show-stopping, savory tart. Great for brunches or office potlucks!
Makes 1 tart
Ingredients: For the filling
Ingredients: For the toppings
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 1/8 inch. Use the rolling pin to transfer your rolled dough to your tart pan. Press the dough into the pan and cut away any excess.
- Line the dough with parchment and use pie weights (or dried beans, they work well too) to keep the crust from rising while par-baking.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove the parchment and pie weights and let rest on the counter while you prepare the filling.
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, yolk, ricotta, feta, lemon zest, salt, sugar, dill and tarragon. Once mixture is smooth, gently pour into par-baked pie crust.
- Bake tart for 25 minutes, on the middle rack rotating the tart half-way through. Remove the tart and let cool for 30 minutes before adding the sliced citrus.
- Arrange the sliced citrus on top of the tart. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper. Garnish with fresh dill and tarragon before serving.
For more tasty recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018
Keep Your Electric Bill in Check This Summer
| May 23, 2018