Seafood is one of the healthiest dinners you can make, but fish is not always easy to get kids to eat. These “crab cakes” are actually made with salmon, for a healthier version of this classic favorite—with a side salad to bring it all together.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 20 min.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Mix together the salmon, corn, egg, 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, 6 tablespoons tartar sauce, the roasted red peppers, parsley, lemon zest, and ¾ teaspoon Old Bay, in a bowl.
- Gently form into eight ¾-inch thick patties and freeze until just firm, about 5 minutes.
- For the dressing, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons tartar sauce, the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of water, the remaining ¼ teaspoon Old Bay, and pepper to taste, in a large bowl.
- Put the remaining 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Press the salmon cakes in the breadcrumbs to coat both sides. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cakes are heated through, 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Add the greens to the bowl with the dressing and toss. Serve the salmon cakes with the salad, more tartar sauce and lemon wedges.