Sometimes we want savory over sweet when it comes to breakfast, and these creamy stuffed crepes are the best way to put a smile on Mom’s face this Mother’s Day.
Makes 12 crepes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup milk
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese (or preferred type)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together the flour, milk, eggs, butter, and salt until a thin, pancake-like batter is formed. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter, and then add in the chicken and garlic, and sauté. Once chicken is cooked, add the milk and cream of chicken. Reduce to medium heat, and simmer.
- When the milk and cream of chicken are slightly reduced, add in the spinach and cheese. Stir until the cheese is fully melted. Continue to simmer on low.
- In the meantime, pour 3 tablespoons of the crepe batter into a pan lightly greased with butter. Spread the mixture as thin as possible, and allow to cook for one minute. After a minute, check the underside for browning, and then remove from heat.
- When crepe is cooked, fill the center with ¾ cup of the chicken mixture, and fold up on all sides.
- Dust with Parmesan cheese, and salt pepper if desired.
For more activities and ideas to celebrate mom, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/blog.