Chocolate and hazelnut are an irresistible flavor combination, and when you bring oats and dates into the mix, they combine to create a long-lasting energy bite that’s as delicious as it is effective.
- 1 cup hazelnuts, dry roasted
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup fresh dates, pitted
- ¼ cup hazelnut spread
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup sugar, for garnish
- In a food processor, process the hazelnuts and old-fashioned oats at high speed for about a minute.
- Add the dates, hazelnut spread, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt, and process on high for 1-2 minutes, or until the dates are broken down into small pieces.
- Take out some of the mixture, about a tablespoon, and roll the dough between your palms to create balls.
- Dip one side of each snack bite into sugar before placing on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to set. Store in an airtight container.
For more quick and easy on the go recipes, visit americanlifestylemag.com/travel.