Chocolate and peanut butter are among everyone’s favorite flavor combinations, but throw them in a taco shell and you have the ultimate dessert!
For the shells
- 3 large soft tortillas
- Canola oil
- ½ pound Dark chocolate wafers
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the filling
- 4 firm bananas
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped, plus more for topping
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out about 5 smaller circles from each tortilla.
- Heat up about an inch of canola oil in a frying pan, and place the small circles in the oil to fry until golden brown, one at a time.
- When removing the tortillas from the oil, use tongs to gently fold them in half as they’re frying, without pinching them fully closed. Shake off excess oil, and place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the shells are cooling, prepare the filling by cutting the bananas into small pieces, and then mix in a bowl with the peanuts and mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into each mini taco shell, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, melt the dark chocolate wafers and 1 tablespoons of coconut oil. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the tacos from the fridge, and gently dip the tops into the chocolate, and sprinkle with more peanuts. Place back in the fridge to cool for at least 1 hour.
Make this delicious dessert taco right at home, and be sure to snap a picture to share on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #ALMbites.
For more dessert taco ideas and easy recipes, visit americanlifestylemag.com/blog.