Dessert is not the first thing that comes to mind when someone says potatoes, but the coconut and vanilla in this treat are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping the Irish theme alive at your next St. Patrick’s Day party.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups coconut flakes
- Use a mixer to combine the cream cheese and butter, and slowly add in the sugar and salt. Add the vanilla and coconut flakes, and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Form the mixture into small (1-inch) ball shapes—you can use a tablespoon to measure—and roll each in the cinnamon. Place each confection on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and refrigerate again for 2-3 hours. Keep refrigerated until serving.
To get more St. Patrick’s Day-inspired recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.