One of the best summer sides is grilled corn on the cob—slightly sweet with a satisfying crunch, there’s nothing like it to spice up your summer barbecue or cookout. And while fresh corn on the cob is great as-is off the grill, or with just a little butter and salt, there are countless other ways that you can enjoy this
Start with fresh, in-season corn. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil, and throw it on the grill over medium heat, rotating occasionally. Let cook for 15-20 minutes, then remove from the grill and give one of these toppings a try.
Note: These recipes allow for 4-6 pieces of corn.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a medium size bowl, combine butter, garlic, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- While corn is still hot, spread butter mixture onto the ear with a basting brush.
- Roll the corn in freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 5 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Spread mayonnaise onto the corn.
- In a shallow dish, combine the grated cheddar cheese with bacon.
- Roll the corn in the cheddar-bacon mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
Garlic Old Bay
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Spread onto hot corn with a basting brush. Sprinkle with extra Old Bay seasoning, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Coat hot corn with the butter.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the mayonnaise, adobo pepper, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and salt.
- Using a basting brush, spread mayonnaise mixture onto corn.
- Sprinkle corn with shredded Asiago cheese.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Paprika and grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a medium size bowl, mix together minced garlic and salt.
- Whisk in dijon mustard, and then slowly add in the olive oil.
- Once thickened, add in lemon juice and parsley.
- Using a basting brush, cover the corn with 2 coats of the mixture, and then sprinkle with paprika and grated cheese.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup cotija cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Using a basting brush, coat each ear with butter.
- Sprinkle on chili powder, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with lime juice.
For more fun and flavorful summer recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/summer.