The problem with fresh flowers is that they eventually wither. The solution is to press them. Pressed flowers can be used in a wide variety of projects, including this easy craft that creates a beautiful stained glass effect.
- Press the flowers by placing them between two sheets of absorbent paper and topping them with heavy objects such as a stack of books for two to three weeks. Avoid paper towels with imprinted texture, because the pattern may imprint on the petals, and consider replacing paper after about a week.
- When the flowers are completely dried and pressed, cut out two sheets of wax paper to fit the size of the frame you are using.
- Arrange the pressed flowers on one sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle the crayon shavings on top of the flowers.
- Put the second sheet of wax paper on top. Iron the wax paper on a medium setting without steam until the crayons melt together.
- Once melted, allow the wax paper to cool before placing the craft into your frame. Place in a window where the sunlight can travel through your stained glass design.
Your new craft will give you years of enjoyment and bring back memories of the occasion when you first got the flowers. Not bad for such an easy project! Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #ALMcreate.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Jan 20, 2018
5 of the Best Winter Weekend Getaways
| Dec 14, 2017
Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Butternut Squash & Cauliflower
| Jan 6, 2018
The Top 5 Ways to Effectively Stage Your Home in Winter
| Dec 16, 2017
Decadent Red Wine Hot Chocolate
| Nov 30, 2017