The problem with fresh flowers is that they eventually wither. The solution is to press them. Pressed flowers can be used in a wide variety of projects, including this easy craft that creates a beautiful stained glass effect.
- Press the flowers by placing them between two sheets of absorbent paper and topping them with heavy objects such as a stack of books for two to three weeks. Avoid paper towels with imprinted texture, because the pattern may imprint on the petals, and consider replacing paper after about a week.
- When the flowers are completely dried and pressed, cut out two sheets of wax paper to fit the size of the frame you are using.
- Arrange the pressed flowers on one sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle the crayon shavings on top of the flowers.
- Put the second sheet of wax paper on top. Iron the wax paper on a medium setting without steam until the crayons melt together.
- Once melted, allow the wax paper to cool before placing the craft into your frame. Place in a window where the sunlight can travel through your stained glass design.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018
Keep Your Electric Bill in Check This Summer
| Mar 23, 2018