Tie-dye may have been popular throughout the 60s and into the 70s, but it has since remained a staple summer activity that anyone of any age can enjoy.
It’s definitely left its (colorful) mark on American culture. These DIY tie-dye napkins are sure to make your table setting all the more bright and colorful.
- Pour equal parts red dye and water into a cup, and mix. Repeat this for the blue dye. Pour water into two additional cups.
- Soak a napkin in water, and lay it out on a covered surface to avoid staining.
- Dip one of the paintbrushes in dye, and draw horizontal lines across the napkin.
- Dip the other paintbrush in water, and draw perpendicular lines to the lines that you painted in step three.
- Attach the napkin to the hanger using a pair of clothespins, and hang to dry. Repeat with other napkins.
Tips: To prevent the colors from bleeding, soak the napkins (once dry) in a vinegar, salt, and cold water solution, and wash on a cold cycle with a small amount of detergent. You can also try out different patterns to make each napkin unique!
Try your hand at these swirly creations, and share your photos on social media using the hashtag #ALMcreate.
For more creative crafts, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/create.