This calendar immediately adds a classy touch of antiquity to any room. It requires a bit of handyman skills to complete, but it’s worth it—because it’s a project you can proudly give as a gift.
- Measure and cut your styrene into 3-by-6-inch pieces with a ruler and utility knife.
- Drill your holes into the wood board for the rings with a 7/32-inch drill bit. There should be six holes, 2 inches from the top and 1½ inches from the side. Each set of holes should be 1½ inches apart, with 2 inches between each set.
- Attach your two 7-by-1-inch pieces of wood to the back with small hinges.
- Stain the wood board and legs, and let dry.
- Drill holes into each styrene piece, ¾ inch from the edge on each side. Repeat until all cards have two holes in the same location for the rings. Use the vinyl letters to spell out the months on 12 pieces of styrene. Follow the same technique on the vinyl numbers with the remaining pieces of styrene (each card will hold a single digit).
- With a paper towel, lightly brush the grey paint onto each card, giving it a distressed look.
- Slide the rings through the holes in the base, and attach your months and numbers by sliding them onto the rings.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 23, 2018
Wine and Food: The Perfect Union
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Mar 2, 2018