Forget elf on the shelf: this elf goes on your sweater! This simple craft allows you to transform a well-loved piece of clothing into a festive sweater that is just as fun to wear as it is to admire.
- Lay the sweater on a flat surface, and place the piece of cardboard inside, in-between the front and the back. This will help the hot glue from seeping through.
- Cut out the shapes for the elf on the template and flip them upside down.
- Lay the shapes of the elf on top of the felt, trace with a marker, and cut out each shape.
- Repeat step three using the white faux fur for the elf’s beard. Hot glue the mirror and all of the elf felt shapes onto the sweater.
- To make the presents, cut out small felt squares, in a variety of colors. Cut additional stripes or circles to make decorations. Glue the decorations onto the felt and let dry.
- For the present sack, cut out a large circle. Wrap the string around the top of the sack and tie with a bow. Attach the sack to the sweater, and then attach presents in and around the sack.
- Glue the jingle bells around the neckline, and let dry. Once dry, remove the cardboard liner.
The finished product is neither washer nor dryer safe.Download Elf Template
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Dec 14, 2017
Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Butternut Squash & Cauliflower
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Jan 20, 2018