Whether your dream is to have a backyard full of beautiful calling birds of all varieties or to have a feathered friend of your own, making this homemade treat is a surefire way to have them signing your praises.
- Grease a muffin tin or cookie cutters with nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, water, gelatin, and corn syrup together, and add in the birdseed, stirring until well-mixed.
- Scoop the mixture into each mold or cookie cutter. Pack the mixture tightly, and smooth out on top.
- Cut 1-inch pieces from the straws, and use them to create a hole at the top of each mold. Allow the treats to dry in the mold for about 2 hours, with the straws still inserted. Once dry, remove from the molds, take out the straws, and lay on a sheet of wax paper to continue drying overnight.
- When the treats have completely hardened, string ribbon or twine through the hole to hang in your pets cage, or outside for the wild varieties to enjoy.
Note: Store any that you are not using in an airtight container.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 23, 2018
Wine and Food: The Perfect Union
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Jan 25, 2018