From firework displays to backyard barbecues, your Fourth of July weekend is jam-packed. However, understanding important safety tips ahead of the time can help you and your family enjoy the holiday.
- Never allow small children to handle fireworks.
- Always follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Keep a supply of water nearby as precaution.
- Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, or flammable materials.
- Ensure that spectators remain a safe distance from the fireworks being lit.
- Dispose of all firework materials by soaking them in water before putting them in the trash.
- Never leave a grill that is in use unattended.
- Make sure everyone, including pets, stays clear of the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open and away from structures and trees.
- Use proper grilling tools that are made specifically for cooking on the grill.
- Always follow the grill’s instructions.
- If coals have already been ignited, never add charcoal starter fluid.
- Check the local weather conditions before you leave for the beach.
- Pack enough water to hydrate you throughout the day.
- Limit exposure to direct sunlight, and apply proper sunscreen.
- Make sure that young children have properly fitting life jackets.
- Keep a close eye on young children.
- Do not dive headfirst into water.
- Always swim with a buddy.
- Do not go in the water after consuming alcohol.
*Be sure to check your city and state firework laws beforehand.
For more summer safety tips, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/culture.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| May 19, 2018
Keep Your Electric Bill in Check This Summer
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 23, 2018