These fun cupcakes are more than delicious—they look just like watermelons, too! The vibrant colors and fun decorations lend a festive twist to any watermelon-themed party, or make for a wonderful treat anytime of year.
- 1 box white cake mix, plus box ingredients
- Food coloring (pink and green)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3½ cups confectioners sugar
- Heavy cream
- Cupcake tin
- White cupcake liners
- Preheat oven according to instructions for cake mix
- Prepare cake batter, according to directions on box.
- Slowly add pink food coloring, until watermelon-like color is achieved.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full, bake according to directions on box. While cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting.
- Whip butter and vanilla together, until fluffy and light, and slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Add in the green food coloring, a drop at the time, until you reach the desired color.
- Gradually add heavy cream, until you reach the desired consistency.
For more fun summer party tips, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/summer.