People certainly do love fruit and chocolate together, with chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate-covered cherries, and chocolate-covered bananas topping the list of common faves. Another match made in heaven: chocolate and orange. With this recipe for easy-to-make, delightfully sweet and citrusy cookies featuring real orange flavor, a touch of vanilla, and indulgent dark chocolate, you’ll enjoy every fruit-flavored bite!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup candied orange peels, diced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Blend the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, orange peels, and orange zest, and combine it well with the butter mixture.
- Form the dough into logs, wrap them in wax paper, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300°F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut the logs into ¼-inch slices, and bake until they start turning light golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Place on a baking rack to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high for 1 minute. Stir, and then heat for 30 seconds; repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate, and place on wax paper. Sprinkle
extra orange zest for added flavor, and let cool.
Serve these cookies on a glass tray for an extra touch of elegance at the holidays. For more delicious holiday ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.