In search of a must-have drink for the winter? Look no further than red wine hot chocolate. Yes, you read that correctly—rich hot chocolate mixed with dry red wine is actually a (delicious) thing. This unique combination is sure to warm your bellies and satisfy any and all cravings.
Serving size: 1
- ⅔ cups red wine
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- Mini marshmallows
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the red wine and cocoa powder.
- Add the simple syrup, increase the heat, and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the milk, a little at time, and continue to stir.
- Pour into a mug, and serve with marshmallows.