If you have a loved one who is battling breast cancer and recently underwent a mastectomy or other form of treatment, these plush pillows can serve as a thoughtful gift!
Decorative Seat Belt Pillow
Your loved one can attach this soft seat belt cover to protect them on the car ride home from the hospital and in the following weeks.
Plush Underarm Pillow
This pillow will be a great relief for your loved one to place under their arm for added support.
Tips for making your pillow:
- Choose a soft, plush fabric that won’t generate a lot of static (to prevent shocks).
- Use a fun color or pattern that you know your loved one will enjoy.
- Use two different kinds of fabric on either side of the pillow to make it reversible.
- Be sure not to overstuff or understuff the pillow so that it is as comfortable as possible.
- Consider stitching a thoughtful message or quote on the pillow as an uplifting reminder.
- If you have any fabric left over, perhaps make more mastectomy pillows if you know anyone else battling breast cancer, or to donate to a local hospital.
For more breast cancer awareness DIYs, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pink.