Who doesn’t like hot chocolate on a cold winter day? By itself, it’s a delicious, comforting treat to beat back the chill of winter. Well, now you can enjoy this delicious drink in cookie form with this recipe that tastes just like the real thing!
Servings: 24 cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 large marshmallows, sliced in half
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high for 1 minute. Stir, and then heat for 30 seconds; repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Beat the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract together on medium, and then blend in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix on low until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop 12 tablespoons of dough onto each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven, and top each cookie with 1 piece of chocolate and 1 piece of marshmallow. Bake for another 4 minutes, and let cool for 5 minutes before placing on wire racks.
Double up your chocolate bliss: pair your hot cocoa cookies with mint-tinged hot chocolate by making your own minty marshmallows. To get more ideas for enriching your holiday experience, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.