You love the spiciness, meatiness, and messiness of ribs. You also love the experience of a stringy, gooey pizza. Now you can combine these two popular foods with this pizza recipe! It features a combination of seasoned, seared short rib meat and four different cheeses for a taste that’s bursting with meat-and-cheese flavor.
- ½ tablespoon butter
- short ribs (reserve juice)
- ½ white onion, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 1 pizza dough ball (about 12 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- 8 ounces brie, cut into squares with rind
- Make the short ribs using this recipe. Remove short ribs from the Dutch oven, and pull meat off the bone, removing fat. If there is excess fat on the top of the braising liquid, use a baster to remove it. If juice is too thin, put it on the stove over medium to medium high heat, and reduce the liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste after reducing the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a small sauté pan, heat butter over medium heat, add the onion slices, and stir until soft and a caramel color. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 12-inch circle, about ½ inch thick, on lightly floured parchment paper. Brush crust with oil. Cover pizza dough with the short rib braising juice for the sauce. Cover with mozzarella, and then sprinkle ricotta across the pizza. Distribute chunks of short rib meat then white cheddar and brie. Finish with caramelized onions across the pizza.
- Transfer pizza with parchment onto pizza stone or baking sheet; bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove pizza from oven; place on a cutting board. Cool slightly before cutting.
For more mouthwatering recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.