Nothing tastes better or more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice pop, and they’ve come a long way since you were a kid. More than just the standard flavors, these fun treats are frozen twists on some of summer’s best beverages. The best part? They couldn’t be easier to make!
So, whether you’re looking for a fun DIY project or just want to spice up your backyard BBQ, try these fun and unique popsicle recipes. Just combine all of the ingredients, freeze overnight, and enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (juice from 4-6 lemons)
- ½ cup hot water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Sliced strawberries, as many as desired
Root Beer Float
- 12-16 ounces of root beer
- 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Tip: Pour the root beer into your mold, then add the desired amount of ice cream.
Sangria (for the adults)
- 1 bottle of white wine
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup cherry juice
- Mixture of sliced fruit, such as blueberries, strawberries, and grapes
There are so many more combinations that can be created to spice up the traditional ice pop. What are some of your favorites? Share your picks—and your photos—with us on Facebook and Instagram. #ALMrecipes
For more summer recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/summer.