Cooking on the grill is one of the best parts of the summer season, so any time you get the chance to make dinner outdoors, be sure to take advantage. Sausage sandwiches topped with grilled veggies are one such way to make the most of the season.
- 6 Italian sausage links
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer (i.e. Guinness)
- 2 medium green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 buns, split
- 6 slices provolone cheese, halved
- Place sausages in a large saucepan; add beer, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer 8–10 minutes, or until sausages are no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté bell peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic, and cook a minute longer. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Drain sausages, discarding beer. Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat for 4–6 minutes, or until browned with grill marks, turning occasionally.
Give this delicious summer recipe a try, and let us know what you think! Share photos of your creation on Instagram and Facebook using the hashtag #ALMbites.
Reprinted from Picnics, Potlucks, & Porch Parties: Recipes, Menus, & Ideas for Every Occasion. Copyright © 2016, Aimee Broussard.