Quinoa is one of the healthiest grains and a great option to keep you energized and full for the entire day!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 6-10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 15-ounce package mixed baby greens, washed and patted dry
- Cook quinoa according to package, and allow it to cool completely.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, and dill. Divide the vinaigrette among the jars, then add in the quinoa.
- Layer in the mushrooms, zucchini, chopped pepper, and tomato, finishing with the greens on top.
For more jar lunch ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/travel.