Every pet owner knows the challenge (and often the dread) that comes with giving him medicine. But fear not! These tasty homemade pill pockets will reduce the stress for you and allow your four-legged friend to down his pill without a fight—a win-win for both parties!
- 2 tablespoons milk or plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat or oat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix together until a dough ball forms.
- Sprinkle the countertop with flour, and roll the dough into a long log. Cut the log into 1-inch pieces.
- Using the end of a pencil or a skewer, create a pocket at the top of each treat. Keep refrigerated until used.
For more useful pet hacks, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pets.