Pepper jack cheese. Jalapenos. Tabasco sauce. Cayenne pepper. Can you feel the heat yet? You will when you make this recipe for spicy pepper jack mac and cheese! Each awesome bite is bursting with hot sauce, spices, and peppers, making it a must-try for folks who know a thing or two about the Scoville scale.
- 1 pound macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons jalapeños, minced
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook noodles according to the package instructions, and drain well.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat, add the flour, and simmer, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk, whisk well, and remove from heat.
- Add the cheese, stir until it’s completely melted, and stir in the remaining ingredients (except for the parsley).
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce, stir to combine, and sprinkle on some parsley.
Mac and cheese is just one way to keep your taste buds happy during cold weather. For more belly-warming recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.