This perfectly portioned taco salad has all the flavors you love—like corn, salsa, and black beans—but none of the mess of a traditional Mexican salad.
- 1¼ cup salsa
- (1) 6-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 5 ounces cubed pepper jack cheese
- 4-5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup or more chopped cilantro (optional)
- In each of the mason jars, pour ¼ cup of salsa.
- Then divide the Greek yogurt evenly, about 1½ tablespoons per jar.
- Separate and layer the rest of the ingredients evenly between the jars, starting with tomatoes, then the onions, black beans, corn, avocado, cheese, and ending with romaine and cilantro.
For more jar lunch ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/travel.