There’s cheese dip, and then there’s cheese dip that you don’t have to feel guilty about. Sure, this dip is made with feta and ricotta, but the true heroes are the tomatoes and fresh herbs that keep this Mediterranean-style dip light, but oh-so delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup part skim ricotta
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- ¾ cup feta, crumbled
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup basil, freshly chopped
- ¼ pound yellow cherry tomatoes
- ¼ pound red cherry tomatoes
- bread or crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray a small 6-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, ricotta, goat cheese, feta, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and basil, using your hands or a spoon. Stir in half of the cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, and place the rest of the tomatoes on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30–40 minutes, or until slightly brown and bubbling.
For more holiday recipe tips, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/holidays.