With just a hint of espresso, these tasty morsels will keep you full of energy for hiking, camping, or any exciting activity you might be doing!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk or stir with a spatula until everything comes together.
- Cover and place the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Once chilled, scoop out tablespoon sized portions and roll into a ball.
- Place on a pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate to set.
- Store in an airtight container.
For more on the go-recipe ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/travel.