Try these bites full of delicious fruit flavor for healthy energy that will last all day long!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- Orange zest from 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Put the dates in your food processor, and pulse/blend until pureed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the oats, and process just until the oats are broken down.
- Add the orange zest, almond butter, and almonds. Process again.
- Add the cranberries and maple syrup. Pulse until a solid dough forms.
- Take out some of the mixture, about a tablespoon, and roll the dough between your palms to create balls.
- Place on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to set. Store in an airtight container.
For more tasty on the go recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/travel.