In a dog’s world, peanut butter is a true hero. However, adding pumpkin and a dash of cinnamon to these treats will send your pup’s taste buds into overdrive. Made with oat flour, these gluten-free biscuits will quickly become a new favorite and leave your pup’s tail wagging, and belly full!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1¾ cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a stand mixer on medium speed. Halfway through, scrape the sides of the bowl, and continue to mix. The dough should be thick.
- Roll the dough out on a flat surface, between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies. If the dough becomes sticky, sprinkle a small amount of oat flour onto the surface.
- Place the treats on the baking sheets, and bake for at least 15 minutes, until hardened.
Note: Before changing your dog’s diet, it’s always a good idea to consult his veterinarian first.
For more healthy dog treat recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pets.