Pasta salad is one of the most versatile picnic foods. You can choose just about any combination of ingredients or dressings and it still tastes delicious. This version features fresh flavors like avocado, tomato, and cilantro—not to mention, bacon—for a truly refreshing side dish!
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ fresh lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8 ounces of rotini or bow tie pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Cook pasta, according to package directions.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Refrigerate while the past is cooking.
- Gently toss the diced avocado with lime juice.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl, and carefully fold in dressing.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
For more tips on making your own delicious summertime favorites, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/summer.