Who doesn’t want to have an Instagram-worthy picnic spread? Long gone are the days of PB&J—picnics have gotten a major upgrade in recent years.
A picnic is a great opportunity for you and your family to enjoy the outdoors, or to save money at a local attraction. With the right planning—and some smart thinking—your picnic is sure to be a hit!
What to pack:
- Fruits (apples, oranges, watermelons, pears, etc.)
- Salads with a vinegar or oil-based dressing, such as pasta salad
- Sliced cheeses
- Sliced deli meats
- Infused water
- Iced tea
- Fruit juices
- Wine or beer (tip: check with local regulations on the allowance of glass bottles)
Try to avoid packing any of the following:
- Overly sugary drinks, like soda
- Anything mayonnaise-based
- Melting cheeses
- Soft fruits (bananas, berries, etc.)
- Bottled condiments
The key here is to keep your food and drinks simple and to make sure to have enough ice packs on hand to keep everything cool and tasty.
For more great summer fun ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/summer.