Try this pink lemonade ice cream pie recipe in honor of the 1 in 8 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. Then share to show you care.
- 2 cups vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 16 ounces whipped cream, divided
- 1 packet (4.5 grams) powdered pink lemonade
- 1 cup strawberry sugar wafers, crushed
- Place 2 cups of vanilla wafers into a food processor, and pulse until the cookies break down into fine crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter to the cookie crumbs, and pulse again to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the cookie mixture into a 13-inch pie pan, and press the crumbs firmly into the dish to create the piecrust.
- In a stand mixer, add the vanilla ice cream, half of the whipped cream, and one packet of pink lemonade. Mix on high until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the ice cream mixture into the pie pan, and use a rubber spatula to smooth the ice cream evenly over the cookie crust.
- Freeze the pie for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the pie from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving, and top with the remaining whipped cream and crushed strawberry sugar wafers.
For more pink recipe ideas, visit visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pink.