If you love the tartness of pink lemonade, you are guaranteed to love the same great flavor in these adorable macarons!
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- Pink food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift in almond flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites on high until soft peaks are formed. Lower the speed to medium, and add sugar. Continue to beat on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Keep the mixer on high speed, and add in the desired amount of food coloring. Once mixed, remove the bowl from the mixer and add in the flour and powdered sugar mixture. Using a rubber spatula, aggressively fold in the dry ingredients until the batter becomes a little runnier.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag, and pipe out 1½-inch circles onto the prepared baking sheet. Firmly tap the bottom of the tray so the batter can flatten out.
- Let the macarons rest for 30-45 minutes before baking, or until they form a skin. Then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set. Let cool before removing from the tray.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Yellow food coloring, if desired
- Mix all of the ingredients together, and place in a piping bag.
- Pipe a small amount of the filling onto one-half of your macaron and sandwich your halves together.
And for more pink treat ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pink.